Sunday, January 9, 2011

Change


Well, I haven't posted in a while; life has been very busy and exciting, and I am barely keeping up. The biggest news is that I got ENGAGED on Christmas Eve!! I was so surprised, and so excited, that Christmas weekend was a blur, and then I basically went straight to Las Vegas with my girlfriends and haven't stopped moving much since. While I could not be more sure of the fact that I am supposed to be with Bev for the rest of my life, I would lie if I told you I wasn't a bit nervous. Not really nervous about marrying Bev- actually, that's the one thing that I'm not really scared of- but nervous simply because of all the changes that are happening in my life this year. Historically, I have not been a big fan of change, and although all these changes are considered "good" changes, they are still a bit scary nonetheless.

For example, tomorrow I start my internship- the final step in my Master's Degree process. It has not been a smooth process (turns out I still have to take a class through the first part of July), and the fact that I don't exactly have an end-date, or any clue at all as to what I will be doing, makes me a little nervous. I love the feeling of being comfortable and confident in what I am doing, and I'm certain I won't feel that for at least a couple months. Not to mention not having an income for several months... AND... who knows what will happen after I am done with my internship... what kind of job will I get? And will I like it?

I am also going to buy a car sometime this year. While some people may not think this is a big deal, I've never done it before, and have a lot to learn about the process. Also, financially, Bev and I need to figure out priorities- car, student loans, houses, etc. Just a lot of planning.

In terms of my family, 2011 will be a big year for the Andersons. My brother is getting married... next weekend!! And on top of that, they are expecting a child sometime in July/August!!! While this is very, very exciting news (never thought Kurt would call to tell me I was going to be an aunt), it still is a big change and a lot to adjust to, with very little notice.

Since we will be living in Bev's current house (temporarily), there is a lot of work that needs to be done. We have already painted the bathroom and kitchen, but there are several more rooms to paint and carpet to be torn out and replaced, let alone packing up, moving out, moving in, etc. etc. It will be a busy year, like I said. In addition, Megs and I need to figure out what to do about the Ganderson. Megs has been amazing for me, and I am so grateful, and I know that everything will work out, but it is another thing to add to the to-do list.

Now on to the wedding. Like I said, I'm not scared of being married to Bev. He is my soulmate, and I have a peace from God that he is indeed the man I am supposed to marry. But a wedding takes a lot of planning, none of which I have done ahead of time (not being the type of girl that has had her wedding planned out since age 12). The hardest thing, for me at least, is picking a DATE!! Ahh. There is no date this summer that will work for everyone, and although Bev and everyone else keeps telling me that it is OUR day, I am still having a hard time committing to a date that I know people will have conflicts with. Once we pick a wedding date, we will be able to go from there- asking my bridesmaids (can't wait!), planning everything, sending invites and all the rest. Step 1= pick a date. Step 2= celebrate!!

My final thought about change is what being married will do to my current amazing friendships. I have been so blessed with the most incredible friends, and for the last several years, my friends (particularly my single friends) have been my rocks, my socialization, the best things in my life. I am optimistic that my true friendships will stay that way after I am married, but let's be honest, things do change, no matter how much I try to pretend that they don't. It makes me sad, but I'm also excited, and nervous, and at peace, and all these crazy emotions, and to tell the truth, emotions always make me exhausted. So tonight I am exhausted, sitting at home with Megs and our kitties and our respective illnesses (goopy-eye and Whooping cough), and I am thinking about life. Bev and I have until next weekend (after Kurt's wedding) to finalize a wedding date... and then life will get even crazier from there.

Balls! Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment