Wednesday, May 11, 2011

spring!

Man, what a difference a week makes! When I wrote that last post I was feeling pretty disconnected and isolated, and I am SO glad to say that I am not in that place anymore. I've been able to connect more with my friends (even beginning to talk about wedding details- eeee!), connected better with my Bev, his parents' visit was awesome, and life is just exciting and connected once again. Spring is in the air!! It's the time of year when the wedding feels within reach. Friendships are fun and exciting once again. And although I'm winding down with my internship, which should be scaring me, I'm actually pretty confident and looking forward to moving on with whatever the next step is.
I am so grateful for people. I have some good ones in my life, that's for sure. I just love the ways that God continues to remind me that 100% of life is relational. And at least 80% of life is up to me- meaning, if I am feeling lonely or disconnected, I need to pick up the phone and call someone. I know I am terrible at this, but I also am learning to take responsibility for relationships in my life. Feeling very blessed, and grateful for some good friends and Bevs who love me despite my funky times.
Headed into class now- although it's interesting stuff, and I love school, I am certainly not looking forward to spending much of May and June's beautiful nights in class, writing research papers, or reading a textbook. Ahhhh..... but the end of things is near:)
Happy warm weather!

1 comment:

  1. glad you're enjoying spring!!! i am constantly reminded that life is relational as well yet am horrible at doing something to make me feel more connected. I too will be spending summer nights on school stuff so you're not alone there friend :)

    ReplyDelete